Food, drink, film and other random thoughts from The Lone Star State.

Wednesday, July 20, 2005

Factoids

Following Scott and Matt, heres my personal trivia list. Enjoy

  • I subscribe to 10 magazines but only pay for one.
  • I read one magazine, Nutrition Action, the rest I stack in my hallway, lol.
  • I am a natural blonde
  • I've worn a size 30" since I was 16
  • Cooking is a hobby, wait, a passion.
  • Writing is a hobby.
  • I've done yoga for 5 years
  • I can put my head between my knees from a standing position
  • I spent most of my life near water
  • I dont really like water, lol
  • I gravitate towards mountains/deserts and large urban areas
  • I'm a vegetarian, but I cheat.
  • I'm Buddhist, but not a good one.
  • Pet peeve - people who whine about their weight.
  • My bedtime is usually 2-3 am
  • I am decidedly not a morning person
  • I am a coffee whore
  • I love ethnic food
  • I started graduate school at 40
  • I've had one major relationship (10 years), 3 smaller (2-5 years) and scores of trivial dating experiences ( year or less )
  • I dont believe in Astrology but it is entertaining
  • Strangely, of the above mentioned relationships, all of them are Leo or Cancer.
  • I prefer being single (see above, lol)
  • I'm allergic to wasps, grass, thistles and strawberries
  • The smell of liver makes me physically ill
  • I feel most at home in New York City
  • I feel least at home in Los Angeles
  • I speak bits and pieces of Spanish, French, Italian, Korean, Russian and Portuguese.
  • My main impetus for moving has been better salary
  • Pet Peeve - People who wont try new things
  • I am a movie whore
  • I've been in every state except West Virginia
  • I once window shopped with Sarah Jessica Parker in NYC
  • My undergraduate degree is in Computer Science and Mathematics
  • I minored in Psychology
  • I think education is the key to advancement
  • Not a big phone chatter
  • Purple is my favorite color
  • My birthday is on an important day in history - September 11th
  • My aunt married a man who's twin brother produced Wicked, Hairspray and La Cage
  • Life gets better as I get older
  • I forget more as I get older
  • What was I saying again? lol
  • I worked for the CIA, NSA, Army and Navy
  • I held 20 different top secret clearances
  • I once slept through a presentation I was supposed to give to the CIA office in Australia, I woke up in an empty conference room with the lights out. (My boss gave it and he tortured me about this for years, even after I quit! lol)
  • Below 70 degrees is cause for jacket
  • Below 60 degrees is cause for a jacket, scarf, gloves, hat and lots of whining
  • Below 30 is time to pack up and move
  • I competed in the NRHA
  • I'm a member of AQHA
  • I ate dinner next to Clint Eastwood at a restaurant in Napa
  • I want to be Clint Eastwood when I grow up
  • The glass isnt half empty if you get a smaller glass :)
  • In 1984 I saw 27 concerts
  • I had a beer with the lead singer from Green Day at Mabuhay Gardens in San Francisco before he was in Green Day
  • I was at the first concert the Eurythmics performed in the US
  • I crowd surfed at a Ramones concert
  • I stole my mom's car when I was 15
  • I stole my dad's Jack Daniels when I was 13, 14, 15, 16 and 17 (then I moved out, lol)
  • I once got sick off an evening of Jack Daniels, Vodka, Gin and a whole box of Captain Crunch Crunchberries (no, it was not pretty the morning after)
  • I started my own business when I was 24
  • In a two year span I lived in California, Colorado and Texas.
  • In 1985 I had very short blue hair (then yellow, then magenta, then lime green)
  • My parents live on a island off the coast of Georgia
  • My sister lives in Ohio
  • I have one aunt that lives outside of Tel Aviv
  • All time favorite vacation - Italy
  • I visited the former Yugoslavia (I wasnt supposed to working for the CIA but boo hoo)
  • Places left to see - Korea, Tibet, Russia, Germany, Sweeden, Morocco, Argentina, Costa Rica, Egypt
  • Biggest turnon - Inner strength
  • Second biggest - Good kissing skills
  • Biggest turnoff - Irresponsibility
  • Second biggest - Pretense
  • Favorite fruit - Blackberry
  • Favorite vegetable - Sugar Snaps
  • Favorite liquor - Vodka
  • My biggest downfalls are my love of cheese and my ability to be harshly honest
  • My biggest asset is my ability to be harshly honest
  • I would have never read a list this long, lol
  • The only relationship worth having involves two people that dont need each other.

7 Comments:

Blogger buff said...

Wow, a blackberry fruit guy and a lover of everything Italian. My kind of guy.
Thanks Jim for commenting on my blog. Yea, guys have to be careful out there when they are cruising.
Appreciate your great blog posts.
Thanks for sharing.

6:08 AM

 
Blogger purpletwinkie said...

I love about me lists. I began blogging in May '05, so a relative newbie. One of the first things I noticed were so many "100 things about me" lists, so I had to do one too. I thought it would be a chore, but it was actually fun to reflect...and I could have gone on writing.

I can usually gleen some interesting parallel or common interest from someone's list. Yours made me laugh while I was reading...

I gravitate towards mountains/deserts and large urban areas----Hello, I live in a desert.

I'm a vegetarian, but I cheat.----I was a vegetarian, until I found it too difficult when going to culinary school. Still have tendencies though.

I am a coffee whore----My mention of the 1st Starbucks (and 100's of others) ;)

I started graduate school at 40----Went back to college at 36

I once window shopped with Sarah Jessica Parker in NYC----You'll have to read my list to find out what happened with me and Sarah Jessica in NYC.

Purple is my favorite color----It's on the list too.

I started my own business when I was 24---I was 18.

10:57 AM

 
Blogger purpletwinkie said...

oh... forgot these too...

I am a movie whore---The business I started (at 18 when in college the first time) was a video store. It grew into a chain and was part of my life for 15 years.

Cooking is a hobby, wait, a passion.----Went back to school to become a chef (something I always wanted to do)

11:01 AM

 
Blogger Jim said...

Buff - Any time ...

Sam - Oh, I'm loking forward to your list!

PT - Apparently I have a brunette twin in Las Vegas ;) Admittedly I didnt make it to the end of your list, I am forced to revisit!

2:08 PM

 
Blogger Jim said...

Scott,

Ok, now I'm scared, I looked at your *whole* list and there are way too many items that we have in common! :)

8:56 PM

 
Blogger Joel said...

I LOve these lists. I ahve done 2 myself! Interesting way to get to know people. SOunds like you have had an interesting life so far. I feel my life started at 36 and I am 41 now.

3:17 AM

 
Blogger hbjock said...

Wow... geez, I don't even know where to comment on this list! Is there anything you haven't done stud?? Hehhehe...

So you love to cook huh? Hmmm maybe you can come here and cook for me sometime ;). Although we will have to add meat to the recipe, I'm not much of a vegetarian, but yes.. liver does totally gross me out too!

Anyway, you're most welcome to come visit anytime in Hawai'i.. I could take you to those beaches that I went to on my beach post. And thanks for the comments about yoga... I'm able to do more downward dog-plank-upward dogs now.. i still can't flexible enough to to a leg lift to runner's pose... reverse triangles? Hmmm... why do I get the feeling that that's a really hard yoga move? =)

6:29 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home