Food, drink, film and other random thoughts from The Lone Star State.

Wednesday, September 28, 2005

A Note From Houston

The following is a note from my friend Kathy in Houston. Kathy, if there is anything I can do to help, please let me know. My thoughts are with you in your time need. Be strong!


With all the news lately about Hurricane Katrina, we shouldn't forget that Houston has had its share of devastating weather also. The attached photo illustrates the damage caused to a home when Hurricane Rita passed through the Houston area a couple of days ago.

It really makes you cherish what you have, and reminds us not to take life for granted!!!





4 Comments:

Blogger Jim said...

Oh, let me be the first to comment! Thank you Kathy for injecting some humor into one of the worst months of 2005!

2:46 PM

 
Blogger Brettcajun said...

HA HA!!!! THAT WAS FUNNY!!!! You SMARTASS!!!! :)

Yeah, those Houston boys and girls were very lucky. I was thrilled. I didn't want to pay $5 at the pump!!!

3:52 PM

 
Blogger Jim said...

Guilty as charged!

No kidding, I have a small gas tank but today it cost me $40 to fill it to 3/4.

5:48 PM

 
Blogger Jim said...

Thanks Brithoken, I know your thoughts are with Kathy in her time of grief. Hopefully FEMA will step in soon. I cant bear the thought of her having one more coffee while standing up! lol

6:53 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home