Food, drink, film and other random thoughts from The Lone Star State.

Wednesday, November 30, 2005

Jamie

OK,I'm totally stalling on reviewing the minutiae of detail for my Biochemistry final tomorrow. Geez, if anyone ever mentions Oxaloacetate, Pyruvate or anything else from the Kreb's Cycle I might have to be institutionalized. Are you feeling my pain Adam? :)

Jamie, its my family name. In high school I changed to James, it sounded more grown up. Then in my 20's I changed it to Jim, it sounded less formal. Now, I might have to rethink Jamie (happy now, mom?), its becoming a cool name again. Witness, Jamie Foxx and Jamie Denton.

Jamie Denton must be feeling like he's on some alternate planet these days, propelled from virtual obscurity to sexiest man alive thanks to his exposure on Desperate Housewives. I hold him up as a good example that you can be smokin' hot and 40-somethin' (he's 43).



I became a fan of Jamie Foxx back in the early 90's when In Living Color replaced a failing SNL as my weekly comedy fix. I interrupted my TV-free existence to glue to myself to the set when he was up for Best Actor after his incredible performance in Ray. I'm kinda glad he is from the Dallas area.

I'm ambivalent toward rap and neutral on Georgia native, Kanye West, but I was glad to see Jamie Foxx make an appearance in this song. I downloaded it over the summer, its not my favorite but it is fun (still). This morning was the first time I saw the video. Cute. :)





Kanye West, Jamie Foxx - Gold Digger




A delayed thanks to Persian Guy for helping me to setup the video thing!


6 Comments:

Blogger The Persian said...

I love this freeking song, ever since I heard it like two weeks ago. It's so not the typical type of music I listen to.

Thanks for the vid.... :)

8:13 AM

 
Blogger Adam said...

Jim I love the Citric Acid Cycle and the pentose phosphate pathway. You are aware that Cindy is Kinky So She Fornicates More Often arent you?

8:44 AM

 
Blogger Jim said...

Not typical for me either PG. I think its Foxx singing repeat in the background, his voice gives the song an old-school blues feeling (which I do like)

1:41 PM

 
Blogger Jim said...

LOL, thats a good way to remember TCA, Adam. Thanks for that!

Whatcha got for remembering Electron Transport (Q cycle in particular) and Oxidative Phosphorylation?

1:42 PM

 
Blogger Adam said...

I'm a little rusty on electron transport to be quite honest. Im actually not that extremely well versed in biochem. I'm more molecular bio, cell bio, micro, and immunology.

Do you have the Biochemistry text by Stryer? I loved that book. I regret getting rid of it.

2:20 PM

 
Blogger Jim said...

More interesting areas, Adam. I have Garrett & Grisham for the class but my sister gave me hers from her round of grad school (Voet & Voet). I use hers more than the required text :)

4:54 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home