Food, drink, film and other random thoughts from The Lone Star State.

Tuesday, July 26, 2005

They

Its still Sunday night ...

Bill left with his hands full of denim and I think he successfully scared JR off with the evolutionary discussion he was having so passionately with himself. I suppose, since I was now by myself, that this was an invitation for Idiot Ken to come over with his Idiot friends.

I just dont like Idiot Ken, never have. Have you ever met someone and right out of the chute they just grate against every nerve, no particular reason, they just do? Idiot Ken is tall, heroin-chic thin and has nasal whine instead of a voice. I always smirk slightly when I see him, if only because, to me, he looks like Ms. Jane Hathaway from the Beverly Hillbillies. If that wasnt bad enough, he constantly brags about his sexual conquests. To see him you would wonder why anyone would submit themselves to such torture, particularly when they are, according to him, all young and gorgeous. Idiot Ken is telling the Idiot friends about his latest. All the while he is looking at me, I dont know why, maybe he's expecting me to 'Oooh' and 'Ahhh' like the Idiot friends. Frankly, I couldn't care any less. Back to watching BBC sitcoms.

I think its healthy to talk about sex, I think its blowing smoke to boast about it. Plus, as I look at Idiot Ken, all I can say is 2am and and whole lotta Vodka must be his only allies.

"Jim, you should tell us one of your sex stories!"

"I don't think so." I started laughing mid swallow and Vodka came out of my nose. Idiot Ken is a gossip, even worse he will take a breadcrumb and turn it into a fucking Sara Lee bakery. Everyone knows to tightlip around him unless you want details of your life amplified and broadcasted to the farthest reaches of the Metroplex.

"Well, this is what we do! And they all do it too!", Idiot Ken says pointing to the crowd, tone becoming haughty and arrogant, maybe even defensive.

Who are these 'we'? Are 'we' related to 'they'? Are these mythical spirits that through incantation of 'well you know, they say ...' magically appear above the invoker's head forming a halo of spectrely prosecutors determined to win the case; to change your vote, to sway the verdict in favor of the invoker?

Please, show me the data that leads you to believe that 'we' or 'they' are going to back your claim. Where is the random survey, the statistics, the credible accounting. How many standard deviations above or below the median of 'they' before your claim fails to hold water? Prove it. If you can't do that then 'they' are just simply the phatom lingerings of imaginary power in a pathetic attempt to impose your opinon on someone else. Nice ego you have and apparently it has now assumed control of your mouth.

Or as Matt would simply say -- you're talkin' out your ass.

Yes, I am fully aware of this translucent attempt at applying peer pressure. No effect on me, I'm 41, not 13, I know what boundaries I have. I also know I've had two drinks and now I feel compelled to make a point. There is a young man sitting next to me on a stool so I just lean over and ask --

"Hey, would you be willing to talk about your sex life with us?"

"Um, Im gonna pass." -- He seemed more interested in the BBC sitcom, which I could totally understand.

"So, you see Ken, by finding a counterexample I have just disproved your theory".

Welcome to the scientific method, Idiot :)

3 Comments:

Blogger Jim said...

I always thought ol' Jed was spending too much time at the bank. That would explain it, thanks Sangroncito. This also explains one of the Idiot friends that looks like Jethro, Ms. Hathaway was banking more than money :)

2:12 PM

 
Blogger M said...

ha ha - i love this post - i wish i could have been there to see it live :-)

11:51 PM

 
Blogger Jim said...

LOL, me too Matt. Noone I know (or like) ever gets to see my psuedo Julia moments.

8:44 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home