Food, drink, film and other random thoughts from The Lone Star State.

Friday, December 15, 2006

I Be Graduate

Thanks to everyone who took time out of their busy holiday season to help me celebrate my Master's. The party was fun! I arrived late and well on my way out of sobriety, so you know I was off to a good start. Food was awesome, wine was better, and of course, the people made the event.

Funny, about 15 people who said the were coming, didn't, but that was ok since 15 people who said they weren't coming, did. I think we had 65 or so but they came in staggered batches so it flowed well throughout the evening.

Leslie & Dave


Leslie and I have known each other for 22 years. We lived together back in the San Francisco chapter. I left California in 1989, Leslie followed quickly behind me, 10 years later. Ironic hat we both landed in Texas.


Oklahoma Mom & Leslie


Oklahoma Mom is also from the San Francisco era, again odd that she planted herself in Oklahoma, only 3 hours away. Oklahoma Mom adopted me after my parents moved to New Orleans ( I stayed in Ca. to finish university).

Real Mom & Washington DC Mom


Washington DC Mom has known me since I was 6, so at least 20 years! (snort). Our family lived next door to hers in Mobile, AL. She is also the real mom of my friend Suzy, who blogs "Sleepless in Babyland".



After the party, Highly Elusive Urban Tara and I went out with Cute Straight Boy. HEU Tara and I thought it would be fun to play a round of that very popular game, Shock The Straight Boy, so we took him out bar hopping, gay bar hopping. He was far from shocked, actually he seemed to enjoy it.

And I quote from CS Boy - "When the gays find your atttractive, thats when you know you're really hot!". Who knew we were the official hot-ness thermometer for all mankind? :)

I had a wonderful time. Too wonderful, I didnt get to sleep until 3am. Getting up at 7am to see everyone off to the airport was quite the challenge!

If I get more pictures I'll post them out to yahoo.

Labels:

12 Comments:

Blogger john said...

Congrats!!! I haven't been up to date with the blogs, so sorry I'm late with the regards!!

3:47 PM

 
Blogger steve'swhirlyworld said...

I'm sure you feel less stress - enjoy the holidays...the move will happen next.

7:40 PM

 
Blogger Jim said...

Thanks John! No worries I am the worst at keeping up with other people's blogs!

4:22 PM

 
Blogger Jim said...

I do Steve, the move will be like butter after the past 2 years :)

4:22 PM

 
Blogger Jason said...

So glad that you had a good celebratory night.
Wow, Washington DC Mom is a tall drink of water. :)
Now, on to the holidays...

11:07 PM

 
Blogger JC said...

Congrats again now that it's official...
You need to take a road trip to Austin and catch this play, I think you will really like it...we did..
http://www.playtheatregroup.org/abuelita.html

1:18 AM

 
Blogger A Bear in the Woods said...

Congratulations on your Masters.
Now you can relax over the holidays.

3:12 AM

 
Blogger Jim said...

Thanks Jason! Oh thats right, the whole Holiday thing is coming up, hard to think about when its 80 degrees :)

8:30 AM

 
Blogger Jim said...

Actually I will be in Austin soon, JC, I'll see if I can get tickets! Leslie and Dave are really into the theatre thing there (as in performing), maybe they know the cast :)

8:33 AM

 
Blogger Jim said...

Thanks Daniel!

8:34 AM

 
Blogger suzy said...

I love the photos of our Moms together. It looks like it was a great time!

9:00 PM

 
Blogger Jim said...

That was one of my favorites, Suzy. Now *we* need a shot together!

6:56 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home