Food, drink, film and other random thoughts from The Lone Star State.

Sunday, February 11, 2007

Update

Two offers in, waiting on one, the one I want, of course. Today's forecast about 90% chance of Atlanta with about 10% chance of Houston.

Today I replaced all of those funky Susan Goldstick cabinet pulls with some nice but way less expensive pulls from Home Depot. Wherever I go those pulls with go with me, I designed them and picked out every detail. I want them buried with me along with my warm Merrell slipper-shoes and my Morningstar Farms Tomato Basil Burgers, lol.

Tomorrow Handyman is coming to replace all the doorknobs (yep, those deco reproductions are coming with me too!), give the windows and storm doors a nice cleaning and fix a seal in my fridge that had a seizure over the weekend.

Virtual Tour Guy comes this week, then Realtor Girl will list probably at the end of the following week.

Mover Man Version 1 and 2 are coming to give estimates for both suspect cities on Friday.

Hebrew class is rolling along, we are learning vocabulary and sentence structure. What I found interesting this week is that my Russian is coming in very handy for Hebrew. It has a similar cadence and some of the consonant sound combinations are exactly the same. Who knew!

Medical Terminology is taking a little diversion into the Medical Record. Yes, that thing that health care people fill out everytime you step into a facility. Not just the structure but ALL the regulations surrounding such. Sheesh, no wonder hospitals are light years behind in their computer systems, they are drowning in a pool of their own paperwork. Insane.

Research Project - done!

Diploma - received! Its a lovely piece of $40,000 paper, really it is.

Parents - They are fine. Well, except when I talked to them tonight they were having Manwiches and Margaritas. If they move the washer and dryer on to the porch, my sister and I will be forced to exercise an intervention.

Labels:

6 Comments:

Blogger steve'swhirlyworld said...

Wow...sounds like you're busy too! I hope all goes smoothly for you, and you get the city of your choice.

11:22 AM

 
Blogger purpletwinkie said...

"funky Susan Goldstick cabinet pulls"

"Morningstar Farms Tomato Basil Burgers"

"Handyman is coming to replace all the doorknobs"

If ever I questioned your queerness, all votes are in. ;)

12:05 PM

 
Blogger Jim said...

Same as always Steve, and thanks!

12:59 PM

 
Blogger Jim said...

LOL Scott. And that is high praise indeed coming from you, the Grand Poobah of gayness :)

12:59 PM

 
Blogger Lara said...

Hmmm...Atlanta vs. Houston. Such different places! Like apples and oranges.

I would have never guessed that Russian and Hebrew are anything alike.

Yay for diplomas!

2:27 PM

 
Blogger Jim said...

AMG, ATL and HOU are very different but its about the job!

Russian and Hebrew both have the hard H from the back of the throat, both pronounce o's hard/short and both have SCHM/SHL sounds all over the place.

6:24 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home