Food, drink, film and other random thoughts from The Lone Star State.

Tuesday, January 19, 2010

Zip

After spending a few days based in San Jose I boarded a bus to Manuel Antonio. Manuel Antonio is the most popular beach destination. Calling the area a beach community is probably a misnomer since only part of the area's appeal is beach related. The jungle and rivers also appeal and they do so in the form of adventure sports. I tried just about every activity: rappeling, waterfall repelling, ziplining, hiking and so on but my favorite was the zip line.

After being outiftted and walking a bit to the first platform I came face to face with the first jump. The first one was kind of weird, if only because I had no idea how it would feel to fly through the air attached to a pulley, fastened to a steel cable, hundreds of feet off the ground. I'm not afraid of heights but I am afraid of falling, arms and legs wildly flailing about and screaming like a 10 year old girl, to my death.

Blah, blah, blah -- just jump.

In a nutshell, its super fun!






Titi Canopy Tours is the way to go for an intro to ziplining. Their run is 12 lines and takes about 2 hours. The crew is great! Each of the four guys will go first down the line. 2 on either end of the line will make sure you get on and off safely. Oh, and the camera guy will be there to capture any and all of your mistakes so your friends can point and laugh later!

Labels: , ,

3 Comments:

Blogger suzy said...

I love the third picture! That is so cool. I have wanted to try that for a long time. Lon tried one just for small people (weight limit of 60 pounds) and he LOVED it. Could not get enough. We will be doing this as a family fairly soon

9:59 PM

 
Blogger Jim said...

Suzy, you will love it too! I'm with Lon, I cant wait to do it again :)

6:13 AM

 
Blogger Jim said...

喝酒 Exactly! (I think, lol)

10:12 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home