Food, drink, film and other random thoughts from The Lone Star State.

Friday, June 10, 2005

Camry Hell

Well, I was hoping I wouldnt have to post this but now its become a comedy so I will.

May 16th - I go to my car getting ready to start my day and for some strange reason I cannot get my key into the ignition. Weird! I fiddle with it for about 15 minutes, finally get it in, then attempt to start it. The key wont turn. Great. I fiddle with it for about 10 more minutes and finally get it started. Hmmm, this may require attention. I drive it down to Park Place and hand it over. They give me a loaner car, a Toyota Camry, its maroon.

May 18th - Park Place calls, I need a new ignition switch. Great! And that will cost $500, oh and by the way your warranty expired 2 weeks ago. I finally convince the service advisor to call Porsche and see if they will cover some of the cost since I am still under 60,000 miles (even though I am over 4 years by 2 weeks).

May 19th - Porsche agrees to cover 70%. Super! Go ahead and start that repair.

May 30th - The repair is finally done, yay! I go to pick it up and they hit me with, oh, and you need a 60,000 mile tune up and 2 new tires and an alignment and a radiator flush. We'll give you a discount it will only be $2200!

"I'll get back to you!"

I give back the Camry and I'm on my way!

May31st - I take my car to Firestone and get the tires and alignment at 75% of the cost.

June 1st - I head toward campus early to get some administrative nonsense done. I stop at Central Market to get a salad to eat before class. I come back to my car and ... it wont start. I call AAA, 2 hours later they arrive. They get it started. Its 5:30 . I call Firestone but are not going to be open. So, I call Park Place, they are open until 7:00. I drive all the way back down the tollway drop the car off, pick up my new Camry (this one Black), drive all the way back up the tollway and I'm only an hour late to class. Whew

June 3rd - Havent heard from Park Place so I call. They are still charging the battery.

June 6th - Havent heard from Park Place so I call. They are still charging the battery.

June 8th - I call again. Its ready. I pick it, up drive to the grocery store then come home. ONE HOUR later I go to start up the car again. Dead. I call AAA again, they show up 2 hours later and I take it back to Park Place. Now I have a BLUE Camry :)

June 9th - Now I have a bad alternator? The car is 4 years old and has 59000 miles, strange, very strange ... almost too strange. I'm hoping Porsche will cover some of this cost too but we will see.

How much longer will this crap go on?

Anyone want a 2001 Boxster, cheap? :)

lol

2 Comments:

Blogger M said...

I didnt know you drove such a fancy car....hmmmm...how bout a loan?????

6:35 PM

 
Blogger Jim said...

Right, reread that part about the $2200 repair bill. Then add on the car payment, insurance, mortgage, home owners assoc fee, property taxes. Oh, not to mention the $60,000 graduate school bill.

I might be coming to you for a loan soon ;)

7:35 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home