Food, drink, film and other random thoughts from The Lone Star State.

Monday, June 20, 2005

Double Header, Cairo Party

From Mesquite I zoom home, caffienate, change clothes, then off to Addison.

Noeha's parties are also very fun, not only in sheer volume of people but the variation. Ages usually range from kids up to grandparents, cultures are even more diverse. If you don't learn something interesting at Noeha's party its probably because you're dead.


Cairo Mistress Posted by Hello

Doesnt she look mysterious in her Egyptian clothing. Her dad actually brought this back direct from Egypt. That curly hair is natural, I'm sure those people that pay $200 for those curls are secretly plotting to iron it all out. There isnt enough room on the blog to give justice to Noehas very colorful and wordly life, you'll just have to get to know her for yourself! You'll be amazed by her 10 year old son, he is more of an adult than I am, quite a testimony to Noeha's abilities, Supermom!


Living room crew Posted by Hello

Yamath and Arjun (on opposite ends and I'm sure I butchered the spelling of your names, sorry kids!) are Noeha's friends from the neighborhood. I found out from them that serving dinner at a party in India before 1 AM is considered unacceptably rude, 2AM is the norm and usually the first guest doesn't leave until after the sun comes up. Can you imagine? Its a whole new time table for the party goer. Their son made an appearance at the bottom right as I clicked. Cute kid, eh?



Kitchen Crew Posted by Hello

The only person I knew in the kitchen is my friend Ken, towards the right. I call him Godfather, since he is, in fact, Sicilian :) Ken travels internationally and frequently for business. It usually exhausts me to hear his travel schedule. He even traveled to Europe like the day after he had knee surgery - Superman!


Galina Posted by Hello

Galina is a good friend. Look closely at her and keep in mind she the mother of two boys. I think she looks more like she should be on a runway in Paris. She was describing her recent trip to France in so much interesting geographical and historical detail that it was hard to keep up.

There is always a good one liner to remember from a Noeha party. Last night's came from my friend Don and his girlfriend. I'm talking to Don about my new career post grad and how it is blending medical and computer sciences. Don is curious; he is also getting bored of straight up IT. He starts talking about how we should start our own business.

Me: "Well the bio part is alot to take in, are you sure you're ready to go down that road? Its a ton to absorb! "

Don: "Oh Jim you know me I love to get deep into something new, I'll get on that horse and ride it hard and long!"

Don's Girlfriend: "Don, I knew I liked you"

We like Don's girlfriend.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home