Food, drink, film and other random thoughts from The Lone Star State.

Friday, June 24, 2005

The Who's Calling Who Game, Date2 Update

I'm trapped at home today. Upstairs AC on the fritz. Great, has my bad car karma now spread to home appliances? AC guy said he would be here sometime between 8am-5pm. Nice, thanks for narrowing that down. Saturday morning at the latest. Oh OK! LOL. Lets hope the AC just needs a freon recharge and not a total makeover.

This may be a heavy blog day. Well, if I can take the heat :)

A few emails last night. What ever happened to Date1 and Date2? Oh yeah, that. Since dating has gone down a few hundred notches on the priority scale, I tend not to mention those things.

So, Date2. Apparently Date2 likes to be chased and if you've known me for longer than 2 seconds you know that I don't do that. We shared a dinner and a coffee, not exactly like we are best friends or need to catch up at length with each other's lives. After, I don't know, a week or so I get this call from Date2:

Date2: "How come you haven't called me?"

Right, dont you love phone calls that start out like that.

Me: "I'm fine thanks and you?"

Date2: "Very funny its been almost a week."

Yes, I suppose it has. I have much I have to do and a lot that I want to do and I'm not a big phone chatter anyway.

Me: "I guess it has, how are you?"

Date2: "Fine, how come you haven't called?"

Me: "Just been busy, of course you know you can call too, it goes in both directions."

Date2: "I AM CALLING!

Me: "Yes, but you are calling to ask me why I haven't called, I find that a little antagonistic, which I don't appreciate"

Date2: "FINE!!" Click, dial tone.

Ok, that was a very mature reaction from a 34 year old.

Let me find Date2's contact info in my Outlook. Ah, there it is ... and delete.

Thanks for playing ;-)

1 Comments:

Blogger M said...

That is absolutely ridiculous - lol - why would a 34 year old act like that - he needs to grow up a bit - ugh.

What does he really expect after only one date when he hasnt even called either....lol

2:37 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home