Food, drink, film and other random thoughts from The Lone Star State.

Saturday, March 04, 2006

Picks


Tomorrow is the big night for awards. Usually I don't watch the Academy Awards, I can't sit still for that long. But I'm going to try to watch the whole thing tomorow since I'm on break and this has been a huge year for film.

I looked at the '06 nominees and here are my crystal ball guesses. Let's see how close I am :)

Picture:
Brokeback Mountain

Actor, Lead:
Joaquin Phoenix, Walk The Line

Actress, Lead:
Felicity Huffman, Transamerica

Actor, Supporting:
Matt Dillon, Crash

Actress, Supporting:
Michelle Williams, Brokeback Mountain

Directing:
Ang Lee, Brokeback Mountain

Screenplay, Direct:
Paul Haggins & Robert Moresco, Crash

Screenplay, Previously Published:
Ang Lee, Brokeback Mountain

Cinematography:
Dion Beebe, Memoirs Of A Geisha

Editing:
Michael McCusker, Walk The Line

Art Direction:
Craig & McMillan, Harry Potter & The Goblet Of Fire

Costume Design:
Colleen Atwood, Memoirs Of A Geisha

Original Score:
Gustavo Santaollala, Brokeback Mountain

IMHO, the toughest pick will be lead actor; Hoffman, Phoenix and Ledger were all memorable. I think they will pick Phoenix since he had the gestures, mannerisms, talking voice and singing voice of Johnny Cash nailed. Plus he learned how to play guitar. (first the right way, then the way Johnny Cash played)

Its not a stretch to say that Brokeback and Walk The Line will walk away with the majority of gold this year.

4 Comments:

Blogger The Persian said...

I have this tentative date to watch the AA tonight. I don't want to go. :(

Oh.btw did you ever catch my Podcast? If u have a moment you should I dedicated a song to you!
This was like more than 2 weeks ago.

I know most people just bypass these things, it's linked on my sidebar in any case.

We'll see if you get any right on your piks!

:)

7:48 AM

 
Blogger Jim said...

Awww, go and enjoy yourself! At least you have the show to distract you from the date :)

No I probably missed that in one of my busy weeks, I will go back and look! :))

10:30 AM

 
Blogger Jim said...

You'll find all the winners on the oscars website, Sangroncito, it was good this year!

2:45 PM

 
Blogger Jim said...

I think I picked 50%, not bad! :)

Still surprised Crash won out over Brokeback but Crash was an excellent film.

3:00 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home