Food, drink, film and other random thoughts from The Lone Star State.

Monday, April 10, 2006

Briefly

Spent the majority of the weekend working on a research paper - Rhabdoid Tumors, a particularly nasty form of cancer. Its fascinating stuff, but I won't go into the details here.

Because I don't have enough to do, I have also started my third (and last) facelift on the townhome. I'll capture shots later but this facelift will be necessary before I slap it on the market later this year.

Galina, Noeha and Noeha's new assistant, Rachel, stopped by for coffee and catching up in between paint layers.

HDGuy was in NYC this weekend and 4YA Guy is entrenched in Anatomy class.

Saw Good Night and Good Luck, whoa, what an amazingly written, acted and produced film; such attention to detail of the era and I think they captured the insanity of McCarthy-ism quite well. That Murrow was a true journalist, not like the fluffy puppets of late.

You know how my dad has a thing for Queen Latifah, right? So, he recommends Beauty Shop, which I saw last week and really liked. Feel good, persistence conquers all theme.

6 Comments:

Blogger purpletwinkie said...

I love Queen Latifah. I need to see that.

2:09 PM

 
Blogger Jim said...

Oh Jim, its more that Queen Latifah, its Beyonce too! lol

12:02 AM

 
Blogger Jim said...

Ah Sangroncito, one day I will spenda whole day in bed reading while you are doing a million things (from Colombia no doubt :)

12:03 AM

 
Blogger Jim said...

See it Purple, prepare to laugh.

12:04 AM

 
Blogger The Persian said...

You are the second person I've seen mention Good Night and Good Luck. I must see this!

Can't wait to see the townhome pics.

:)

3:48 AM

 
Blogger Jim said...

Once you see them, Jim, you will know why I have to make some changes :)

7:22 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home