Food, drink, film and other random thoughts from The Lone Star State.

Thursday, March 16, 2006

More Februaryation

Continuing with the Februaryation pic and recipe pattern ...



Slightly more complicated but still relatively quick and definitely good. We loved this salad, which could easily be a meal.


Autumn Salad with Curried Walnuts and Maple Cider Vinaigrette

10 oz Baby Spinach
1 Bartlett Pear, cored & thinly sliced
1 Small Red Onion, thinly sliced
4 oz Gorgonzola, crumbled

Curried Walnuts
6 oz Walnut Halves
2 T Butter
3 T Sugar
1/4 t Ground Ginger
1/8 t Curry
1/8 t Kosher Salt
1/8 t Red Pepper

Maple Cider Vinaigrette
1/3 C Cider Vinegar
3 T Maple Syrup
1 T Dijon Mustard
1/4 t Salt
1/4 t Pepper
2/3 C Olive Oil


1. Wisk together all of the ingredients for the Vinaigrette. Refrigerate
2. Melt butter over low heat. Add walnuts and toss. Add remaining Curried Walnit ingredients and stir to coat. Spread walnuts in a single layer on a foil lined pan. Bake at 300 for 10 minutes.
3. Add salad ingredients and Curried Walnuts to large bowl and toss with Maple Cider Vinaigrette.

A couple people asked me where I find the time to type in all of these recipies. Secret out - I don't. I have software called Living Cookbook which allows to capture them from web pages (where I get most) drop them into software, edit the ingredients (which I always do) then publish in HTML.

1 Comments:

Blogger The Persian said...

every recipe you post sounds like heaven Jim, one of these days (when I get a printer) I must go back and print them to overwhelm my family and friends!

Happy Saint Patricks day!

:)

9:20 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home