Food, drink, film and other random thoughts from The Lone Star State.

Saturday, April 29, 2006

Therapy, Lesson 1



Figure out how to answer call on new cell phone.
Answer call from Home Depot Guy.

HDGuy: I'll be over at 8

Jim: What if I already have plans?

HDGuy: Its Friday, you just had a 3-hour Immunobiology final. My guess is afterwards you stopped by Central Market where you picked up a bottle of wine, assorted cheese and fruits, then you sped like crazy to get home to look at the Blockbuster DVD's you havent watched this week since you were studying compulsively.

Jim: I hate that you know me so well after 5 months, LOL.

HDGuy: So I'll see you at 8.

Jim: Make it 11

HDGuy: 10

Jim: 10:30

HDGuy: Deal. I'm bringing a Cabernet.

Jim: What if I don't want a Cabernet?

HDGuy: I'm bringing a Cabernet. You will drink the Cabernet and you will like it!

Jim: LOL, you're being kind of a bully today.

HDGuy: Its the only way to get on your radar since you don't process subtlty.

Jim: OK, there is that, LOL.

HDGuy: I've also noticed the task list in your Palm Pilot and how you will plow through those items with machine-like efficiency first and then, maybe, you will surface to initiate some sort of social interaction.

Jim: Clever boy, LOL

HDGuy: So, the only way to get a bump in priority with you is to arm-wrestle, LOL

Jim: LOL

HDGuy: So, see you at 1030, I'm bringing a Bollywood movie too. And before you object, you will watch the Bollywood movie and you will like it!

Jim: I'm hanging up now, LOL.




Andaz Apna Apna


LOL, this film is like Indian Vaudeville. The story is goofy, the acting is goofier but the music is interesting, if you like Indian music. I laughed alot during the film but I'm not sure if that was the goofiness or the wine, maybe a little of both.

If you rent this, turn the viewing into a game of find the inconsistencies, there are many. We loved the hair violations; in one scene a character has a mullet-ish cut then later its clean and short, then mullet, then short. LOL. So much for editing!

Other than that the only bonus to this film was that I got to see Salman Khan in action for the first time. Khan is India's resident bad boy. He is forever getting himself arrested and jailed for something; his rap sheet must be a mile long. But, he also has heart too, for every arrest you will also find him giving up his own time and money for some charity or specific cause that has crossed his path. Take the good with the bad, I suppose.

As you can see from above, Khan only occassionally wears a shirt.

Kahn is HDGuy's idol, seriously. So, you know I'm starting to worry :)



14 Comments:

Blogger DEREK said...

well it definately has some hot men in it.

2:08 PM

 
Blogger steve'swhirlyworld said...

Sounds like you need a HomeDepotGuy like that in your life. HAVE FUN.

3:43 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Damn... He is a hot one!! But it's awesome that you have an HD Guy :) Oh and thanks for the birthday wishes sweetheart.. they really meant alot!

8:20 AM

 
Blogger Homer said...

I think that Khan guy just got sent to prison for killing some endangered animals in India.

12:13 PM

 
Blogger Jim said...

Definitely Derek!

11:57 PM

 
Blogger Jim said...

He's figured a few things out Steve. And he is fun.

11:57 PM

 
Blogger Jim said...

You can usually find them at Home Depot, Sangroncito :)

11:58 PM

 
Blogger Jim said...

Youre welcome HBJ, 27 is a good age, I think, I dont really remember though :)

11:59 PM

 
Blogger Jim said...

He did Homer, and its not his first time in jail. I think the last time was something along the lines of hit and run.

12:00 AM

 
Blogger A Bear in the Woods said...

Whoa dude, you were definitely a Blond guy. With big hair. And I love Bollywood, too. The funny plot lines. (There seems to be only one plot line allowed in Indian movies.) The cool music. I would so love to see a Bollywood version of Scarface.
I wish I had a HomeDepotGuy to come work on me. Sigh.
Love your blog.
Daniel

12:27 PM

 
Blogger Jim said...

Glad you're enjoying Daniel! I haven't seen to many Bollywood movies, mostly just those by Mira Nair. Since HDGuy is half Indian, I think I might be seeing more :)

Oh, you're right, I was a BIG blonde ... LOL.

3:34 PM

 
Blogger Jim said...

Noone is bossier than me Jimbo, NOONE! (I win, I win ... LOL)

3:35 PM

 
Blogger A Bear in the Woods said...

Hmmm,
A BIG blond, eh? Is it true that big hair is an indicator that one's other appendages are big and fluffy, too?
If so, this reader's interest just heightened.
DEL

2:17 PM

 
Blogger Jim said...

Yes, its true, I have a big fluffy brain too ;)

4:42 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home