Food, drink, film and other random thoughts from The Lone Star State.

Monday, May 22, 2006

MI3



Mission Impossible 3


Loved it!

You might want to take advantage of the few times during this nail-biter that you will have to unclench and breathe, you'll need them. Outstanding FX blitz and it contained enough twists to the usual MI story line to keep you entertained and thrown off the crystal ball predictions.

Cruise may be a middle of the road actor in most other roles but he owns this one completely; he is Ethan Hunt. I actually look forward to seeing him in this role very much the way I enjoyed seeing Connery as 007. What impresses me about Cruise is that he does all of his own stunts. I bet that made the production crew a little nervous, having their multi-million dollar budget put in jeopardy should the handsomely-weathered frat boy break an arm.

PS Hoffman is on a roll. You might have loved him to death in Capote but you'll want to place highly explosive devices in every one of his orifices during MI3. He is brilliantly evil as the villan.

8 Comments:

Blogger The Persian said...

why is it i've not seen any of these films? I guess the opportunity never came up, or if it did I passed.

2:23 PM

 
Blogger ~r. said...

after reading rolling stones article on scientology im turned off to tom cruise and wouldnt shell out a penny to see anything of his. bleh.

once he sees i didnt buy i ticket, that'll learn him.

3:36 PM

 
Blogger Jim said...

You're busy being a good dad and seeing what your kids want to see, Jim! :)

7:15 PM

 
Blogger Jim said...

You showed him, Rachel! :) I hadn't read that article but Cruise sure has had his share of unkind publicity.

7:17 PM

 
Blogger ryan charisma said...

yeah, I admit I'd like to see the film, but I just can't support Cruise anymore - maybe when it's on HBO or DVD???

8:46 AM

 
Blogger Jim said...

Usually that what I do too, Ryan, DVDs at home but for films heavily dependent on FX, like the MI series I like to see them in theatres.

See it for PS Hoffman, he was great!

This is harsh but I guess I dont care enough about Cruise as person to let his offline life affect me at all.

10:51 AM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sorry, can't do tom cruise anymore. Just can't give someone that wacky my money.

2:36 PM

 
Blogger Jim said...

I'll agree with you there, anon, he is whacky one :)

4:37 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home