Food, drink, film and other random thoughts from The Lone Star State.

Monday, December 18, 2006

Random Party View


Me, The Happy Drunk

Never give the gays ribbon and wine. You know better, you know we will only put the ribbon in our hair and make a funny face. I warned them, they didn't listen.


Esther, Me, Cute Straight Boy and Jimbo

Here I am pointing out that there is a huge freaking table of food. Eat people, EAT! (Good grief, I'm becoming my grandma)


Dad and Groovy Bartender

What happened to my dad? I had never seen him in full-on party mode. He was all over the place talking to everyone. I could hear him laughing and joking from the other side of the bar. I realized at that moment that my dad and I have exactly the same laugh - loud and infectious.

My dad walked right up to Former Boyfriend, introduced himself and asked him how he knew me. Former Boyfriend looked at my mom who then looked at my dad with a puzzled look. I guess those three Christmases he spent at our house didn't register with my dad. Maybe if Former Boyfriend had blonde hair and boobs my dad might remember him better, lol.

Dad was shocked to find out that most everyone already knew him for his rendition of Santa. Raised in Brooklyn, he does a wicked Brooklyn Santa, yo. If you missed those shots you can trip back to the archives of Dec 2005. Or just wait a few weeks, I'm pretty sure he'll do it again this year.


Noeha and HEU Tara

Noeha had to work an 80 hour week to be able to take time for the party, a huge thanks! HEU Tara, organized the list of things to see and do after the party, the music, took photos and she transported my drunken butt all over Dallas, hugest thanks to her!

Labels:

10 Comments:

Blogger suzy said...

Looks like tons of fun! Congratulations!

9:01 PM

 
Blogger steve'swhirlyworld said...

Friends are good like that...transporting your drunken butt all over Dallas.

Very fun pics. Congratulations again!

9:30 PM

 
Blogger Jason said...

What a purty silver ribbon in your hair.

Great pics. Looks like you had a great time with family and friends. Bartender is a cutie.
Congrats :)

11:52 PM

 
Blogger JC said...

Egad! You sound like your Dad!
Something's a miss,
your Dad's not swish?!


well I never said I was a poet...

Now, welcome to the real world, time to leave the world of Ivory Towers and that 'sheltered life of a student' lol

3:46 AM

 
Blogger purpletwinkie said...

Oh my Goodness herself. That ribbon photo is so going on my blogroll.

4:03 AM

 
Blogger Jim said...

Thanks Suzy! I had a drink for you!

(maybe more than one :)

7:04 AM

 
Blogger Jim said...

Thanks Steve! And HEU Tara is a very good friend to embrace sobriety for a whole night with Drunken Jim :)

7:06 AM

 
Blogger Jim said...

Why thank ya Jason, I'll let you borrow the ribbon the next time you are drinking :)

Bartender is cute ... and nice, he ran after me in the parking lot to give me a card with $100 in it that I had left inside!

7:14 AM

 
Blogger Jim said...

LOL, JC, if only I had ever actually been in that world!

7:15 AM

 
Blogger Jim said...

I'll get you Scott!

(remember I know where you live, lol :)

7:16 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home