Food, drink, film and other random thoughts from The Lone Star State.

Friday, March 23, 2007

Spring

Since its Spring now I'm sure you realize there are some things you need to change. Most importantly, your wine. Right, stuff those big, heavy winter Cabs away, or just polish them off in one sitting like I do. Now is time to break out the Zins.

In other wine related news, I finished my taxes today. Quite the ordeal since I have had 4 different contracts, some w-2, some 1099, house stuff, education stuff, relocation stuff, investment stuff, home office stuff, etc. To celebrate I had Wine Guy from Wine Shop pick out a nice Spring wine. He suggested this one, I liked it. Its almost purple in color, nice spicy cherry depth and it went well with my Eggplant Shrimp Curry from a couple of days ago. Nice price too, under $15.



Cline Ancient Vine Zinfandel, 2005


I'm sure Ex-3, HD Guy and 4YA Guy have noticed the flowers. No, I did not arrange them. I had Flower Girl from Flower Shop choose and arrange them for me. As some of you know I didn't inherit the flower arranging gene. My "arragements" consist of buying one bunch of flowers, all one color, taking them out of their wrapping and stuffing them into a vase. This has been problematic for some people I have dated. I even remember one morning coming downstairs to see that Ex-3 had reconfigured my flowers so they weren't all one height. Ex-3 is an over-the-top masculine German guy so to see him fussing intensely with flower arrangement just made me laugh. Silently, to myself :)

Labels:

6 Comments:

Blogger Sorted Lives said...

The wine sounds wonderful. Just got in from visiting Spider. After a hectic day, a wonderful visit, I think it is time for a glass of cab.

Have a great weekend and the flowers are beautiful!

7:09 PM

 
Blogger steve'swhirlyworld said...

Sounds FRUITY! Hope all is going well with the interviewing and prep for the move.

8:49 PM

 
Blogger Jim said...

Thanks Sorted, you have a good weekend too!

7:35 AM

 
Blogger Jim said...

All is well Steve, hope your travels are going well too!

7:36 AM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I love me some wine. I few years back I wouldn't touch the stuff. My how times change. Beautiful flowers by the way. Oh, and your tax filing sounds very, well umm, taxing.

10:01 PM

 
Blogger Jim said...

Jason, And to think red wine is actually very good for you. Unfortunately its only in moderation that is good for you :)

There are some disadvantages to being self-employed, the tax thing is one of them.

9:23 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home