Food, drink, film and other random thoughts from The Lone Star State.

Monday, December 08, 2008

Como Se Dice "Trade Off"?

Sister is doing well now. The parentals are going up to visit with her this week as she visits with a lovely divorce lawyer. She was sad for a time, then one day, she just got her bitch on. Something tells me soon-to-be former bro-in-law will be living in a studio apt and driving a Moped soon. That'll teach him to have multiple simultaneous affairs. Karma is a MoFo.

I wont be going home for the holidays for the first time in many years this year. I know its bad timing with all the drama but I'm low man on the totem pole at work. That and I dont feel like paying $1200 to spend 2 days in freezing temps. Sister was upset until I told her what was behind door number three. I'm taking her with me to Spain in the Spring, we'll do our celebrating then and there.

"You know brother, you really shouldn't spend all that money just to come up here for a few days. I totally understand. I'll just see you in Barcelona!"

Yep, life is a series of trade offs.

4 Comments:

Blogger suzy said...

Give him hell, Sister!

12:11 AM

 
Blogger Jim said...

No worries there, she will!

6:56 AM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

What an interesting blog you have! I love Spain, you're a good brother. Enjoy Barcelona!!!

9:28 PM

 
Blogger Jim said...

Thanks Jeff, we will! Rioja, tapas and sexy Spaniards sounds like a better holiday to me :)

6:20 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home