Food, drink, film and other random thoughts from The Lone Star State.

Friday, June 24, 2005

Zicam

OK, its almost 5pm and I havent heard from AC guy. Glad I have a downstairs AC that works, its 92 upstairs! LOL

Speaking of colds, there is a great cold remedy product on the market called Zicam. Its homeopathic, not a drug.

How it works - the cold virus infects certain cells in your body. You can think of the virus as holding a key and your cells as having the lock. The virus unlocks these particular cells, enters, then uses your cells to replicate itself. Zicam works by jamming your cell's lock so the virus can't open it, enter it or hijack it for its replication purposes.

Its quite effective if used early. Of course some of the virus will get into your system, otherwise you would not know you had a cold. But, in my experience, it lessens the symptoms to the point that you dont even need an aspirin. Plus, again in my experience, its shortens the virus' vacation in your body from 10-14 days, to 4-6 days. The cold I noticed on Monday is nearly gone in 4 days.

I definitely keep this on hand at all times.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home