Food, drink, film and other random thoughts from The Lone Star State.

Friday, July 08, 2005

Godsend



The title should have been GodSpare, as in God Spare me from this piece of crap. How can so much go so wrong with one movie? And a movie with Robert DeNiro, the shame.

The plot sounded interesting; young couple loses their 8 year old son to a tragic accident. A pioneering genetic engineer offers to clone an exact replica. Poof, they get their son back. Not exactly the same son, there have been a few changes, bad changes.

Bad acting, bad filming, bad music, incongruent situational emotions, situations that could never possibly occur and worse, whoever wrote the script should be banished to some island where there are no implements for script writing. Yeck. I had the cliffhanger ending figured out in 20 minutes. My 3 year old niece writes better endings.

Poor Robert DeNiro, lets hope that God sends him a better film next time.

2 Comments:

Blogger buff said...

Howdy Jim, haven't seen that DeNiro flick yet, but thanx for the review. I won't waste my time.

I really appreciate your post to my blog. I totally agree with you.
Your post is very important because you speak as an expert, dealing with HIV issues in your profession on a daily basis.

WOOOF back at ya. Big hugs.

10:47 AM

 
Blogger Jim said...

Hey Buff,

I think I will re-rent "Taxi Driver" so that DeNiro can reclaim his spot as my favorite actor :)

Also, I am far from an HIV expert, merely a student that spends 8-10 hours a day researching this bug. With my knowledge, I felt a responsibility to comment and squash any rosy, casual mindset towards the virus. That would be delusional and worse, dangerous.

It was a great post on your part, stimulating some needed dialogue and continued awareness, thank you!

1:58 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home