Food, drink, film and other random thoughts from The Lone Star State.

Saturday, August 20, 2005

Post Arm Breaking Happiness




My brother in law is a sky diver. Maybe he did this as a necessary laugh into death's face; one must have an immeasurable strength when working with children with terminal cancer, which he did for the past 3 years at St. Jude's Children's Hospital in Memphis.

Then again, this might be genetically motivated, since my niece attempted sky diving from her bed. She did not have the softening assistance of a parachute at the time. Broken arm.

But doesnt she look happy now; the amazing resilience of children, if only we could all recover so quickly from our boo-boo's and with a 'pink lady' glitter cast, no less :)

Pic: My two nieces

6 Comments:

Blogger purpletwinkie said...

I want a pink lady glitter cast! I'm making a list of ways to break my arm right now.

8:32 AM

 
Blogger Jim said...

Ah Scott, there is only one sure-fire way to secure the 'pink lady' glitter cast. First, you must put on your ultra shiny disco Snow White night dress, then jump up and down on your bed. Now the tricky part - on your highest jump angle yourself off the bed keeping your arm between the full weight of your body and the floor.

Good luck! ;)

4:00 PM

 
Blogger purpletwinkie said...

I've got the Snow White night dress in a box somewhere...I'll keep you posted.

5:25 PM

 
Blogger Jim said...

Remember, if you only sprain your arm you will get the 'i'll be your gypsy' billowy white linen Stevie Nicks cast. :-P

6:12 PM

 
Blogger purpletwinkie said...

Well, I do like Stevie Nicks and I am a great spinner on stage (although I could possibly break my arm that way too, especially if liquor was involved). I do think I'll keep my eye on the brass ring though and go for the pink lady. ;)

11:21 PM

 
Blogger Jim said...

I think you're right Sangroncito. I never had a cast but I had 20 stiches in my chin from falling face first into a cement step.

I think I played that one for months :)

10:29 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home