Food, drink, film and other random thoughts from The Lone Star State.

Sunday, December 11, 2005

Blur

Friday and the weekend have been busy.

Tariq
He decided to stay over Friday as well to check out the Dallas night scene. Luckily I had other plans so he was on his own. If you happened to be out on Friday night and were approached by a tall, slightly intoxicated, very aggressive Persian man in cowboy boots, well, now you know who that was, lol.

Presentation
I zoomed up to UTD to give my final presentation for Data Mining. It was nothing really, just an administrative detail, since I already had my grade. Just nice to wrap up the to do list.


Birthday Group Party



Four December birthdays. We decided to do them all at once at De Tapas, our northern most Spanish Tapas restaurant. I've been here so many times I can't count but I had the best Octopus in Paprika that night, it wasnt on the menu but our server highly recommended. Wow, it was like abalone!

The rest of the kids took the night into the wee hours, particularly Noeha and the German boys at the end of the table, one of whom is going back to Germany next week. I on the other hand came home to get some rest since I had the blind date the next day :)


Walk The Line
HOLY CRAP! Joaquin Phoenix has always been a favorite but now he's gone up a few notches. He is Johnny Cash - voice, walk, facial expressions, everything.



Reese Witherspoon - excellent, who knew she could sing and who knew she could actually act! Also good was Robert Patrick as Johnny Cash's father. Its going to be a tough choice at award night - Walk The Line, Capote, Brokeback. If you haven't seen these three, get busy!

Blind Date
So that happened and I'll write about it later. It was kinda funny.

Oklahoma City
What kind of moron am I to agree to drive with friends 3 hours to Oklahoma City to go to a birthday lunch, then drive 3 hours back to Dallas. At least I won't be doing the driving. I will able to catch up with my Netflix movies in the car, since one guy has a portable DVD player.


Hope everyones weekend has been going well!



3 Comments:

Blogger Jim said...

Oh you will love Walk The Line, Phoenix and Witherspoon really outdid themselves! After that see Brokeback Mountain ... oh and take a box of tissues, you will need it!

12:12 AM

 
Blogger The Persian said...

a tall agressive drunk Persian guy...! sounds hot

10:44 AM

 
Blogger Jim said...

Dont forget the cowboy boots! He is a good looking man.

11:13 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home