Food, drink, film and other random thoughts from The Lone Star State.

Saturday, September 23, 2006

Ocho

Uh-huh, more birthday :)

A friend sent me an Amazon certif, so I loaded up.

How To Save A Life - The Fray
El Mundo Se Equivoca - La Quinta Estacion
Stadium Arcadium - Red Hot Chili Peppers
Nightcrawler - Pete Yorn
Meadow - Richard Buckner
Major Lodge Victory - Gin Blossoms
Versions - Thievery Corporation
Game Theory - The Roots



Of those I think I like The Fray the best, the lead's voice has an fascinating quality and tone that can gush emotion or be very subtle. They kind of remind me of ColdPlay.



I'm still getting used to The Roots, I like them but they are a bit dark and unnerving, like Portishead mixed with generic rap.

What are your most recent musical acquisitions?








2 Comments:

Blogger Jason said...

I think it's been 5-6 years since I've actually bought a cd. I've been an iTunes whore these last few years, and other "digital" resources ;)

Recently, purchased Justin Timberlakes new release, Chicago- The Musical, re-purchased Wicked- The Musical, RHCP-Stadium Arcadium, and Interpol- Antics.

10:32 AM

 
Blogger Jim said...

I usu. do digital too, space constraints and all.

Oooh yeah, I actually like JT's new one and Interpol is one of my favs!

11:12 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home