Food, drink, film and other random thoughts from The Lone Star State.

Tuesday, December 19, 2006

Christmas Past



Girl Cousin, Boy Cousin, Sister and Me - Dallas, 1977


I spent most of yesterday morning clearing out one closet and packing up for the inevitable move. I came across a box that had been sealed up since I left California in 1989. Most of the contents were pictures from the 70's, I laughed alot going through them.

One of my aunts had lived in Dallas since the 60's. It was through visiting her that I became familiar with the city and met many people long before I actually moved here. Sadly she moved to Austin this year, now all the family I had in Dallas lives elsewhere in the state.

I always thought my girl cousin looked alot like Sissy Spacek. To this day she still does a wicked impression of Carrie after they spilled the blood on her prom dress, lol.

Labels:

10 Comments:

Blogger JC said...

Yep, i can see the Sissy Spacek resemblance.
'Boy Cousin' looks a little like the actor that is in the new (monday?) sitcom, I think is something like Classmates...He looks like the one that ran over the legs of the girl he is dating... sounds bizarre if you have not seen the show... I don't follow it too closely, just acouple of times was nothing better on and I just wanted to veg. in front of the boob-tube.

You and your little sister are 'cutie patooties' (as Rosie O. would say)... I guess i might say you still are. ;-) at least you are good looking when one of us are drinking....must be one of those 'girls all get prettier at closing time' phenonemons (did I spell that correctly?)

10:21 PM

 
Blogger steve'swhirlyworld said...

Everyone is looking rather groovy. Very cute hair too. ;0)

4:20 AM

 
Blogger Jim said...

Havent heard of that show JC, yes it does sound bizarre! Definitely I look better the more you drink :)

9:10 AM

 
Blogger Jim said...

LOL, gotta love 70s hair, Steve :)

9:10 AM

 
Blogger steve'swhirlyworld said...

70s Farrah Hair is better than NO HAIR...we are quite lucky that ours is attached :)

9:50 PM

 
Blogger purpletwinkie said...

Well Farrah, since someone else beat me to the snarky hair comment I suppose I have nothing else to say. How unusual ;)

12:06 AM

 
Blogger Jim said...

Thats true, Steve, and its still as thick as it was in high school.

(Maybe I should bring back the feathered look? :)

8:10 AM

 
Blogger Jim said...

LOL, dear diary, Scott is speechless.

8:11 AM

 
Blogger john said...

I was just going to ask--were you related to Sissy. For a quick second, until I looked again, I thought it might have been a younger Sissy in the picture.

3:30 PM

 
Blogger Jim said...

No relation, John, but I did meet Sissy in the 80's when she was doing the play 'Night Mother.

6:46 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home