Food, drink, film and other random thoughts from The Lone Star State.

Sunday, August 12, 2007

Jello!

HEU Tara and I are going to a white trash wake. Its actually a birthday party for my friend Kendra's husband, he's turning 40. I already got my costume, its pretty cool, I think I might wear it for Halloween too! Lets just say when I give the eulogy I will saying "Dear lord baby Jesus. Tiny, tiny, little 8 pound 6 ounce baby Jesus".

HEU Tara has been looking for the right tube top to take a bedazzler to but alas no tube top has been procured.

Over the wekeend HEU Tara and I experimented with all things Jello so we could pick the perfect dessert for the white trash wake. I figured we could really doctor up a Jello mold to be completely repulsive. And we did. Jello shots and jello molds are stuffed into every cranny of my fridge right now but I think these two are the winners for dessert.




Now I like Jello, really I do. But blue Jello? Oh, hell no. There is something very wrong with any food that is cobalt blue that tastes like it was manufactured by ExxonMobil. But what could possibly make it worse? Yes, that's right - canned fruit cocktail. But not any canned fruit cocktail, it must be very cherry canned fruit cocktail.

Now I know what your going to ask. But Jim, is there anything worse than that? Why yes there is. Just add mini- marshmallows and viola! But keep in mind they must be multi-colored pastel mini-marshmallows and you must add them when the jello is warm to get that foamy opaque look that I have achieved.



I think we are ready - Shake and Bake! :)

Labels:

13 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I have to admit, you make some INSPIRED jello.

-HEU tara

9:44 PM

 
Blogger Jim said...

I had inspiring company! :)

10:21 PM

 
Blogger Michael said...

Jim, those are the scariest desserts I have ever seen in my entire life. And I even like Jello, too.

Now Jello shots, those sound good. Rum and red jello are a good combination, but's way to easy to eat way too many...

6:52 AM

 
Blogger john said...

That jello looks inedible. Very scary thing to have on a table.

12:14 PM

 
Blogger suzy said...

Gee, I passed on that New Joys of Jello book at a garage sale last weekend...Those jello molds look rather frightening. It also sounds like it is going to be a kickass party

11:41 PM

 
Blogger Jim said...

Thanks Michael, my goal was to make the scariest possible dessert! :)

6:25 AM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ohhh, watch it wiggle, watch it jiggle.

I remember last year hearing about a guy/lady who made whole city landscapes out of jello, for arts sake.

6:33 AM

 
Blogger Jim said...

John, I'll have to assume its inedible since there is no way that would eve makes it way into my mouth, lol :)

6:57 AM

 
Blogger Jim said...

Oh Suzy, I hope you can find that book again! Think of the fun you are missing :) The party is going to be great, if only because we will be serving SPAM, lol.

7:07 AM

 
Blogger Jim said...

Jason, interesting! HEU Tara and I are going to make the Tower of Babel out of Jello shots, lol :)

7:10 AM

 
Blogger Gavin Elster said...

Oh my god.


That is the most disgusting thing I have seen in years. I want to have a crappy party just to make that horrible jello.

8:28 PM

 
Blogger The Persian said...

That bottom one looks good!

:)

10:37 AM

 
Blogger Jim said...

Jim, you're scaring me, lol :)

6:47 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home