Food, drink, film and other random thoughts from The Lone Star State.

Friday, July 20, 2007

Sacred Pause

The people who remember my old place remember that every available wall was crammed with my mom and grandmother's paintings. Those all transfered nicely to the wall space at new place. But new place has a gallery hallway - 60 ft of horizontal space by 16 ft of vertical space. Thats alot of blank space.

I've been thinking about what to do with the space and decided a collection of photography would be nice. Randomly one night I was in a bar on Cedar Springs. Bored, I started thumbing through the community rag and stumbled across an ad for an exhibit from a local photographer.

The photographer and his partner had just returned back from a two week tour of Israel, the photos were incredible. I'm still working with him to put together the right prints in the right sizes. When I get them all framed and placed I'll post a view.

Sacred Pause is the name of his studio, check 'em out!



Labels:

10 Comments:

Blogger AmPowerBlog said...

Visting from Michael in Israel's page.

Have a great weekend!

1:59 PM

 
Blogger suzy said...

The examples of the photography look great. Thought provoking.

3:59 PM

 
Blogger Michael said...

Photos of prayer at the Wall, hung on a wall... I like it.

2:26 AM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Very captivating and emotional work.

10:06 PM

 
Blogger Jim said...

Thanks for stopping by Donald!

6:24 AM

 
Blogger Jim said...

Thats what I thought too Suzy, the others of Temple Mount are beautiful too, so much detail and color!

6:53 AM

 
Blogger Jim said...

Michael: I love the shots at the wall, esp. the soldier, it kind of sums up a sentiment that words will not adequately express.

6:58 AM

 
Blogger Jim said...

Yes Jason, I cant wait to get them framed :)

7:23 AM

 
Blogger steve'swhirlyworld said...

beautiful photos...it sounds like you're having an interesting time downtown. don't forget us mo's in the hood.

7:17 PM

 
Blogger Jim said...

I am Steve! No worries I go to the hood at least once a week for something :)

6:27 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home