Food, drink, film and other random thoughts from The Lone Star State.

Monday, May 26, 2008

Arrival

So that was quick. Movers arrived at 8:45a, movers left at 12:15p. I ate. I cleaned. I dropped off the keys and drove to Houston by 6p. I checked into a lovely hotel and had a martini. I might go back and have another for dinner. And since I've been so good, perhaps another for dessert.

Movers arrive here tomorrow for a 9am move-in. A week of unpack and check out new neighborhood, then the work thing begins.

I know I've mentioned them before but these guys are the best movers anywhere; its my third move with them.

Herman's Movers (214) 388-5567

8 Comments:

Blogger suzy said...

mmmm, sounds like a yummy dinner! That is a super fast move. Looking forward to seeing pics of the new place.

9:36 PM

 
Blogger Rick said...

Jim welcome to the Gulf Coast and 7 months of summer. I hope you'll be happy. It's nice to be so close in town. Good Luck!

11:40 PM

 
Blogger Jim said...

Yes, super fast, Suzy, and nothing broke!

3:44 PM

 
Blogger Jim said...

Thanks CJ, I love Houston, its good to be back.

3:45 PM

 
Blogger suzy said...

Nothing broke? WOW. that is unheard of! What great movers you found!

11:01 PM

 
Blogger Jim said...

Suzy, they did leave something on the truck. However it was something big that I wanted to get rid of anyway, so it worked out great! lol

10:07 AM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Jim,
Welcome to back to Houston! Look forward to your Gulf Coast inspired words.

2:56 PM

 
Blogger Jim said...

Thanks TXSpace!

6:38 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home