Food, drink, film and other random thoughts from The Lone Star State.

Tuesday, May 19, 2009

Transfer

Its been a busy month what with the layoffs at the Cancer Shoppe. It was sad to see so many of my co-workers leave, but the severance package was extremely generous and most walked out on a little puffy cloud. I will probably put on 10 pounds with all of the going away parties. Such is life, lol.

I was not one of the 10% reduced. In fact, I was one of a handful of people transfered to new departments. I am now in the department that handles computational oncology.

And in case I didnt mention it, I'm now working on a PhD in Health Informatics.

Super cool!

4 Comments:

Blogger JC said...

Cultured World Traveler, Good Looks and Brains,
...how is it that you are single?

Good Luck on the completing the Phd...

10:52 PM

 
Blogger Jim said...

JC, thanks!

Single-ness is totally by design and intent :)

2:54 PM

 
Blogger Michael said...

What is "health informatics?"

1:31 AM

 
Blogger Jim said...

Michael, Its the application of computing to "health data" (research, clinical).

6:32 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home