Food, drink, film and other random thoughts from The Lone Star State.

Saturday, July 09, 2005

12 Pak

I fogot to finish my AC story.

Steve McQueen, the usual AC guy, couldnt make it the other day so they sent Junior Samples from Hee Haw. Nice guy, he couldnt fix the problem so he didn't charge me for the service call. Thanks Junior! Problem - bad breaker. Speed dial to Jose, my electrician. Jose comes out to fix the breaker. While he's repairing he lifs up his shirt to wipe his brow, yikes, he doesnt have a 6 pak he has a 12 pak!

So I ask Jose, "How many crunches do you do to get abs like that?"

Jose: "I don't work out."

Now if it were anyone but Jose I would know they were being coy but Jose is one of the nicest most unassuming and honest people I know.

I'm surprised, "You don't work out?"

Jose -"No, I dont have time, I work 7 days a week."

And he does, sometimes 12 hours a day.

Me - "So you're telling me this is just natural?"

Jose - "I guess so, I never really thought about it."

OK, thats totally unfair, I could crunch my brains out for hours a day on a slant board and never look like that.

Jose wouldnt take my money since he "didnt really do anything". The nicest guy in the world, I'm lucky to have him as a handyman.

I'm glad hes gone now, I can eat my ice cream in shame. Here's to you and your 12 pak, bastard :)

2 Comments:

Blogger hbjock said...

People like that just irritate the f**k out of me... Their metabolism is naturally so damned high that they can eat anything they want and their abs just pop out naturally.. ugh... I used to be that way... then puberty hit and that was it...

Thanks for your comment by the way, yeah I read "Angels & Demons" as well, although it took me a while to get into that book cause it doesn't really get going till about half-way through the book heheh.. but it's a great one! And from what I hear, the next book has Robert Langdon in it again ;)

See ya! *kiss*

7:21 AM

 
Blogger Jim said...

Yes, irritating. And Jose is not some kid, hes 38.

Ah, cool, I like the Langdon character; I'll have to scan EBay for the next book :)

10:31 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home