Food, drink, film and other random thoughts from The Lone Star State.

Sunday, August 06, 2006

Go Google Yourself

I've been using Google Analytics for work lately. Its a backend web statistics gathering package, mostly used to analyze marketing campaigns. I tested it out on my blog, just to see how everything worked. Its fantastic! If you don't have a statistics counter on your blog or website yet, check it out.

(I know, I know - dork! :)

Google Analytics Site

You sign up, they send you a code, you activate your account, they generate some code, you stick it in your blog and poof, a day later you get some really interesting data with very cool presentation.

Like this ...




I thought it was cool that you could see which website people used to find yours, the referring source as Analytics calls it. The blogger.com entry did not surprise me, since I am a registered blogger.com user.

jttphx.blogspot.com, 13% of my traffic today came to me by first visiting this site which belongs to Jason at Lets Say You're Right

He is one popular guy :)

7 Comments:

Blogger Jim said...

Me too, plus I like all the different type of data they collect (I know, Im a dork :)

8:31 AM

 
Blogger suzy said...

I am trying this! It looks like fun. In a nerd way.

12:38 AM

 
Blogger Jim said...

Have fun Suzy, I thought it was cool :)

7:15 AM

 
Blogger David said...

Thanks for the tip, I love it, D.

11:18 AM

 
Blogger Jim said...

Youre welcome David, have fun!

12:17 PM

 
Blogger steve'swhirlyworld said...

NERDS!!!! All of you! Have fun being nerdy. Speaking of "nerdy"...I saw this great bumper sticker that said, "Talk to me NERDY"...LOL I know, I'm in a strange mood :)

:>O

8:34 PM

 
Blogger Jim said...

LOL, Steve, I think you finding that bumper sticker that funny indicates you too are a nerd :-P Welcome to the club! :)

7:11 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home