Food, drink, film and other random thoughts from The Lone Star State.

Sunday, August 13, 2006

The Highly Elusive Urban Tara




We had a rare sighting of my friend, the Highly Elusive Urban Tara. I'm in the process of fining a place to host a grad party and she met us out for a recon mission at a wine bar last weekend.

I don't know why I love this picture, obviously taken with my trademark Blair Witch filter, but I do.

I've known the HEU Tara since she was a wee pup fresh out of college. She is really amazing in all that she attempts and accomplishes. Full time work, full time school, renovating her home herself, kickboxing and triathalons.

Overachiever!

I love her latest venture into light recreation - Roller Derby, yes! :)

10 Comments:

Blogger steve'swhirlyworld said...

I heard about the Roller Derby thing hitting Dallas. This morning, I was talking with a couple of guys I know, and they told me that they were going to see it tonight. I thought they were joking, but they don't seem to be. What has this world come to; gay men and roller derby? :>0

1:07 PM

 
Blogger purpletwinkie said...

wow. I'm a slug compared to HEU Tara.

1:33 PM

 
Blogger Jim said...

Its huge here Steve. I will be one of the guys at the Derby, maybe soon we will be cheering on HEU Tara!

2:10 PM

 
Blogger Jim said...

Definitely Scott, small countries in Europe feel like slugs compared to HEU Tara.

2:10 PM

 
Blogger steve'swhirlyworld said...

My friends are going to see Fairie Dangerous or something like that...LOL

2:57 PM

 
Blogger Jim said...

Oh Steve, the names of the Roller Derby queens are priceless :)

9:40 PM

 
Blogger John said...

I loved watching the Roller Derby on TeeVee when I was a boy. We always cheered for the Thunderbirds!

1:14 AM

 
Blogger Jim said...

Funny thing John, I dont think Ive ever seen Roller Girls, except in the movies, it should be the experience :) Sadly, it sounds like our team is going to move out of Dallas soon, better hurry!

7:31 AM

 
Blogger NeiLDC said...

Jim.
i was looking at your stat at the google analytic and i cant believe i was on your top ten... hmm that was really nice.. Coz i really like your blog. Cheers buddy.
neil

1:04 PM

 
Blogger Jim said...

Thanks Neil! Yes your blog is very popular too since alot of people visit you and then click to me :)

4:58 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home