Food, drink, film and other random thoughts from The Lone Star State.

Friday, October 20, 2006

A Busy Week

Yikes, a week has gone already. It was a busy one.

Highlights -

School: midterm week, all A's, now if only I cared :)

Work: I love it when people call me at 8am and say they need a proposal by 5pm for a project that I've never even heard about before, involving people I've never met for a company I've never heard of using technology I don't know. People are bitching about budget, schedules and the lack of qualified software people. If only I cared :)

HDGuy: Got his job in NYC, got an apt in NYC, sold his condo in Dallas and moves in 2 weeks. Now if only I cared. LOL, just kidding, I do care but this is coming to a predictable end.

Interviews: Nothing new there, still waiting for a reschedule in Houston and had some interesting chats with other TX companies and one in Boston. Phase 2 starts tonight which includes the lovely cities of Phoenix, Albuquerque, Los Angeles, San Diego and Las Vegas.

Other Stuff: I ordered some CD's from Israel. In freaking July I ordered them. I guess there were some e*com difficulties but it took me calling Jerusalem to get them moving. My Hebrew is horrible and the guy on the other end faked not knowing English. Next time I'm going to have to learn Hebrew for 'Bitch, send my CD's or my cousin the Israeli policewoman is going to kick your ass' :) Anyway they're here now and I love them. All Ivri Lider, I think I'm developing a thing for him. Or maybe I just like the way Hebrew sounds.

Everyone have a great weekend!

6 Comments:

Blogger steve'swhirlyworld said...

Let me know if I can help with information about PHX. Good luck to you in your search.

6:32 PM

 
Blogger The Persian said...

wow you speak (even remedial) Hebrew? I would never attempt a call like that.

I love ivri also :)

8:34 AM

 
Blogger Jim said...

Thanks Steve, I'll let you know if I come into town!

8:48 AM

 
Blogger Jim said...

I speak remedial everything, Jim. I am a confirmed language whore :)

8:50 AM

 
Blogger Jason said...

He says straight A's as it's no big deal! LOL
Congrats.

Good luck with the interviews!

11:14 AM

 
Blogger Jim said...

It isnt at this point Jason, I have school burnout and just want to be done lol.

2:52 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home