Food, drink, film and other random thoughts from The Lone Star State.

Friday, January 12, 2007

Laugh At Yourself


My sister got me these cool Tibetan Prayer Flags for Christmas, I love them. I finally made some time to put them up. You are supposed to hang them outside to weather the elements. In time they will eventually wear away to shreds, at which point you hang another set on top of them. In Tibetan Buddhism this is symbolic of the the cycle of life.

While I was putting them up outside my neighbor, Hot Cop, stopped to ask about them. We were chatting about the flags but all the time he has this goofy grin on his face. I live in a neighborhood that is about half straight and half gay, so ordinarily when some man gives me that goofy grin I have a good idea what it means. But Hot Cop is straight, in theory, he did marry a girl last year, so I wasn't sure what it meant. Shrugging it off I just went about my list of things to do.

Later I discovered why he was giving me that goofy grin. And that would be because of the other present my sister got me - the complete set of travel-sized chakra face masks. If you buy into chakra cosmetics, you are supposed to line up the jars, each a different color, then the first color that comes to your mind is indicative of the chakra that is out of balance. Apply, leave on for 15 minutes and poof, you are in balance again.

So, I did that. My color was green - apparently meaning my heart chakra was out of whack. Well, I had to laugh out loud, I guess I forgot I had it on before I went outside to hang my prayer flags. I'm sure all the other neighbors got a good chuckle. I'll be looking for my bright green face on YouTube soon, at least I had a power drill and hammer with me at the time.

Sheesh, lol.

And on that note, everyone have a good weekend :)

Labels:

5 Comments:

Blogger steve'swhirlyworld said...

LOL...hysterical.

7:42 PM

 
Blogger suzy said...

oooh! I can not wait to see your green face on youtube!

12:12 AM

 
Blogger Gavin Elster said...

Busted!

2:02 AM

 
Blogger purpletwinkie said...

Hahaha. I would have had a grin too.

10:00 AM

 
Blogger Jim said...

If it shows up on YouTube I'll be sure to let everyone know :)lol

10:19 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home