Food, drink, film and other random thoughts from The Lone Star State.

Tuesday, June 26, 2007

New world

After 2 weeks in downtown I have determined that downtown is like a whole other city apart from the rest of Dallas. I wanted to move to another city, so I kinda did :) So far I like it. Downtown has a long way to go in terms of services but they have come a long way since even 5 years ago. I'm thinking with another 2000 residential units coming online in the fall that the services will follow. I'm loving the fact that I can walk everywhere and that I can take the light rail to various places instead of drive. I'm also loving that there are only 3 units on my floor and the only person I share any wall with travels 80% of the time!

I finally managed to get to some of the movies that came in May. I liked this one.



Overall it had a feel-good feel but it wasn't without its sullen moments. Tim Robbins was at his best in this role and Sarah Polley, where the hell did she come from? Phenomenal! Highly recommended for one of those introspective nights about life, perspective and the fundamental meaning of love.

9.0/10

Labels: ,

8 Comments:

Blogger Michael said...

Sounds like you found a good place; tithadesh!

I'm bumbed 'cause the movie theater in my town closed; now I have to shlep out to the Krayot or Haifa to catch a movie, and it's just not worth it...

See ya round!

3:46 AM

 
Blogger Jim said...

Thanks Michael!

Oh boo on that theatre. Has Blockbuster online made it to Israel? Thats how I see about 90% of my films.

6:49 AM

 
Blogger WomanHonorThyself said...

good luck at your new haunt..I just got back from San Antonio..yeehaw!

1:27 PM

 
Blogger Jim said...

Thanks! Oooh, San Antonio, nice vacation spot.

6:27 AM

 
Blogger Chris said...

Hello, you have a wonderful blog, but I can't find your email address, can you please contact me at linkexchange@edenfantasys.com? I have something to discuss with you
Regards, Chris
(Please can you delete this comment after your decision?)

5:35 AM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Glad things are coming together for you. I'm hoping Cincinnati goes the way of light rail, it's a hot topic here. I love living downtown too, and hope things continue to move in the right direction with area businesses and growth.

I didn't get to see too much of downtown Dallas when I was there in April, but it seems like a good vibe to me. Looking forward to visiting again at some point.

Never heard of this film, I'll have to look into it. I have about 3-4 films I want to see out there.

6:48 AM

 
Blogger Jim said...

Chris, thanks.

11:49 PM

 
Blogger Jim said...

Jason, I hope Cincinnati moves to light rail too, it would be easier to get around when I visit the sister!

Downtown Dallas is coming along. They have a million new projects on Main St, we'll see how the city responds to them in the fall when they all open.

If I still like it next year I will probably buy something.

11:52 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home