Food, drink, film and other random thoughts from The Lone Star State.

Tuesday, May 01, 2007

The Greater Good

I went to see this one with Big Mike and HEU Tara. I loved it but they were more mediocre. I think the trick to enjoying this film is to understand spoofy dark British comedy, since that is what it is.



I laughed almost all the way through the 2-hours of direct sarcastic hits on American shoot-em-up films like Lethal Weapon, Bad Boys and Die Hard. What makes this film even more appealing is that all of this sinister action is taking place in a lovely, remote village in England.

You should see it for 'the greater good' (then you'll understand the reference :)

9/10

Labels: ,

9 Comments:

Blogger steve'swhirlyworld said...

seems a little too quirky for me. what's with all of the rain and tornadoe stuff? you should have gotten rid of all of this before I moved here! where is the sun?

9:25 PM

 
Blogger Jim said...

LOL, I've been working on peace in the middle east. I figure I have a better chance at that than changing the obligatory rain and tornado pattern we see this time of year :)

9:45 PM

 
Blogger steve'swhirlyworld said...

Okay, if you can make that happen, I'll live with the rain.

9:56 PM

 
Blogger Jim said...

I'll keep you posted Steve :)

7:08 AM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Heard good things about this as well. I loved Shaun of the Dead. Must see.

I just caught Spiderman 3. It was a bit long, but good.

7:06 AM

 
Blogger Jim said...

Jason, I heard SM3 was good but I'm going to wait until the crazy lines die down! :)

8:10 AM

 
Blogger purpletwinkie said...

Judge Judy, Executioner. Yarp.

8:47 AM

 
Blogger Jim said...

Yarp. And Narp, Scott :)

4:46 PM

 
Blogger Jim said...

Yarp, lol ;)

8:00 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home