Food, drink, film and other random thoughts from The Lone Star State.

Monday, February 04, 2008

Cougar

Girlfriend X: So tell me Jim, at what age does a woman become a cougar?

Me: Um, I don't know, 40 I guess, why do ask?

Girlfriend X: One my friends called me a cougar because I have a 33-yo boyfriend.

Me: But you and boyfriend X have been dating for almost a decade and living together for 5. I think the term cougar implies that you're a 40-something woman chasing down 20-something men for sex; its more predatory.

Girlfriend X: So my friend is probably just jealous because she's my age and dateless?

Me: LOL, I would bet. Hell, my guess is most 48-yo women are building shrines and temples in your name and generally consider you a goddess with special powers.

Girlfriend X: LOL, great, all I need is a pre-menopausal fan club.

Me: LOL, besides you look late 30's and act late 20's.

Girlfriend X: LOL, I'm taking that as a compliment and not a clever way of calling me immature.

Me: As well you should. Besides, you two have a good relationship which is the important bit and its noone else's business that there is a 15 year age gap.

Girlfriend X
: I need a boob job.

Me: I'm hanging up now.

8 Comments:

Blogger ryan charisma said...

I need a boob job too!

Can I be a cougar?

3:38 PM

 
Blogger john said...

I never understood what the whole cougar thing meant.

10:26 PM

 
Blogger Jim said...

Yes Ryan, after your boob job you can be a cougar, lol :)

6:11 AM

 
Blogger Jim said...

John, I get the concept but I'm not sure why there needs to be a term for it.

6:12 AM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Now I know what cougar really means :)

5:29 PM

 
Blogger Jim said...

LOL, happy to enrich your life with that Jason :)

7:28 AM

 
Blogger Michael said...

Jim, you were very very wise to hang up.

6:19 AM

 
Blogger Jim said...

Right Michael, conversations that start out like that never end well :)

4:59 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home