Food, drink, film and other random thoughts from The Lone Star State.

Thursday, January 05, 2006

Constructing Santa

Its my dad's birthday today so it seems appropriate to talk a little about him. He loves Christmas. He has Christmas socks, musical ones, they play Rudolph The Red Nosed Reindeer when you press on Rudolph's nose. The Christmas decorations stay up until the day after his birthday.

For three years he has dressed up as Santa much to the delight of my two nieces. This year was the first year that my sister and I were able to see the construction of Santa. I haven't laughed so much in a long time. Now we understand why we used to hear our parents laughing their asses off in the basement. I think the three Jacks, straight up, definitely help the process.

Happy Birthday Dad!



Santa looking a little Dolly Pardon-ish




Hang Loose Santa and Mom




Ride That Wooden Pony Santa, Ride It!




Brooklyn Santa and Mom




Santa Delivers

8 Comments:

Blogger The Persian said...

HAHA! That is hysterical!

Happy Birthday Dad..

:)

11:33 AM

 
Blogger Jim said...

Naw, I think I'll keep them Brian :)

1:36 PM

 
Blogger Jim said...

Glad you liked, Jim :)

1:36 PM

 
Blogger DEREK said...

these are awesome man, wish my dad was that much fun.

6:09 PM

 
Blogger Jim said...

Glad you enjoyed, Derek. Yep, my parents are friends now ... and sometimes I feel like the parent lol.

7:45 PM

 
Blogger Jim said...

Welcome back Sangroncito! You are so not allowed to go off air again under penalty of, err, well, something really bad :)

6:07 PM

 
Blogger hbjock said...

Your parents are too much fun!!!

Heheh then again, I don't know how spending 10 days with them could be so bad.. heheh could be worse, you could live with them like I live with my folks.. yikes.. hehe.

12:28 AM

 
Blogger Jim said...

BFL, I think we get along so well becuase we dont live with each other :)

8:13 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home