Food, drink, film and other random thoughts from The Lone Star State.

Tuesday, January 03, 2006

Raleigh

Here are some random shots I took from my day in downtown Raleigh (thanks again Stephanie for the tour!). Downtown is interesting in that mostly it does not feel like a downtown; everything seems more spread out and midrise, heavily red brick laden, old and new juxtapose on every corner. It was entirely pedestrian friendly and didnt take much time to walk from end to end.











I liked Raleigh. Its very green, even in winter, there seemed to be a good but small base of culture and the sampling of food I had was incredible. Homes near the downtown area have character and seem to be about the same prices as Dallas. However, I think it would be a one or two year place for me, its just too small, and I'd probably exhaust it quickly then move on.

4 Comments:

Blogger AvR said...

I know every single building that you've photographed: I am not one hundred miles away from Raleigh. How long here, or gone already?

12:24 PM

 
Blogger Louis Casinelli said...

Charleston, SC is better. The Chuck rocks.

4:29 PM

 
Blogger Jim said...

Hey Ariel, gone already but I'd like to come back maybe over spring break to see how the city is during non-holiday season.

5:36 PM

 
Blogger Jim said...

Hey Pozwarrior, Funny, my folks live so close to Charleston yet I've never been. I promise to check it out on my next visit!

5:41 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home