Food, drink, film and other random thoughts from The Lone Star State.

Thursday, August 17, 2006

Fall Bang

So Fall semester, my last semester, started off with a bang this Monday. Statistics. Spanish 3 and Computational Biology

Home Depot Guy is back after his summer vacation in NYC. We have seeing a bit of each other and having some interesting conversations about where he wants to be post-grad.

I pulled a muscle in my shoulder. Ouch. Then I did something wierd to my SI joint. Ouch. Getting older is not for sissies. Word. LOL

A friend of mine died. Ouch. She felt tired one day and left work early. Came home, laid down, had a heart attack and died. She was 39. I'm still really freaked out about this one, and of course very, very sad.

Its restaurant week this week so I should have some more eatery reviews coming shortly, as soon as I can sit in my computer chair for longer than 5 minutes without screaming :)

I get to go to Indi freakin' annapolis next week for work, yay!

Parental units are coming in a couple of weeks for recon on Austin.

Cincinnati for Quidam.

Altanta for interviews.

Grad Party planning.

Painting, sanding and grouting in the name of getting top dollar when I sell this townhome.

I think my Palm Pilot is crying uncle.

12 Comments:

Blogger suzy said...

Nothing like having a nice quiet fall. I am sure you will do great with it all!

11:53 PM

 
Blogger steve'swhirlyworld said...

Breathe in, breathe out...try to live in the moment, find peach in the chaos.
I'm sorry about your friend - that's a big OUCH...very crappy. Hang in there buddy.

12:15 AM

 
Blogger Jim said...

Right Suzy, I love it when life is going so smoothly :) lol

8:25 AM

 
Blogger Jim said...

LOL, Steve, the peach in the chaos, good one! Its structured chaos but still, I think I'm going to have to give up my 5 minutes a day of me-time ;)

Actually, I would be bored without a million things to do :)

8:31 AM

 
Blogger Jason said...

Life can sometimes hit ya all at once! You'll be fine, you're smart. I can totally relate to life feeling like it's in hyperdrive. Sorry about your loss there. Hope you have a great weekend Jim ;)

9:14 AM

 
Blogger Jim said...

Thanks Josh :P LOL

Youre right Jason, sometimes it all happens at once, Its exciting and exhausting :)

2:47 PM

 
Blogger John said...

I don't really have a comment... Just a "Hello"...

12:55 PM

 
Blogger purpletwinkie said...

Jim, I'm really sorry for the loss of your friend. That has to be a complete shock.

I'm 39. Makes one stop and think.

1:50 AM

 
Blogger Jim said...

Hello to you to John

8:29 AM

 
Blogger Jim said...

Thanks Scott, yes it does make you stop and think. And appreciate that you are still here.

8:36 AM

 
Blogger JC said...

Jim, sorry to hear about the loss of your friend - that is so much like what happened to my uncle last month if you remember. She did happen to go to the Dr.s recently too did she....so sad, so young. Did she have any family left behind?

Last weekend must have been very bad for muscles, my son and I were pushing the boat into the garage and I felt a pain like a rubber band snapping on the back of my calf...I thought i might have torn ACL or Achilles Tendon or something really bad. Sunday I had to walk with a cane, but there was not swelling - just felt like the muscle cramp you get after a charlie horse, but it lasted for three days...better now, not to worry, but I need to get a better story than just pushing the boat into the garage - LOL

8:45 PM

 
Blogger Jim said...

Thanks JC, yes, she had had angioplasty last year for a light blockage (20%) and they put her on meds to prevent another. From all accounts the doc was not terribly worried but told her to change her eating habits, exercise and quit smoking. She did all of that and overnight.

Yes, sadly she had a husband, daughter and a new grand daughter.

LOL, yes, you should add a stripper and drinking into the boat pull story :)

9:09 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home