Food, drink, film and other random thoughts from The Lone Star State.

Thursday, September 13, 2007

Le Living Room

How does one start putting together a living room? I just start by finding something I really like and building around it. In this case it was a vase. Its Waterford, which is odd since usually I am not a fan of Waterford. I think it was the color combo: red, orange and a brownish purple. Me like.



Then I needed something to host the vase so I picked up something else I really liked, the Saarinen side table in white marble. I've always liked this table and the design has been around since 1957, so I have to assume it is a classic by now.





Now I needed something to sit on so I could look at the vase on the table. Hows about some white sofa? Of course its was dark before I picked up the funky 6 1/2 ft. tall Pablo lights.



Mom is working on the artwork for above the sofa: 9 3'x3' modern oils all in various shades of orange, red, purple, black and of course, the new color, white.

Labels:

18 Comments:

Blogger john said...

My brother's guest room was decorated with orange and red. When I first heard the color treatment I thought it weird, but when I saw it, the orange and red worked together well.

8:58 AM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

HI There,
YOu home is fantastic! It was great to see you last weekend. Thanks for coming to DC, you missed a great party on Sunday. Love you,
DC Mom

9:27 AM

 
Blogger ryan charisma said...

You're so modern.
So happening.
So now.

11:52 AM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Nice!
We need more glass/vases.
I love the Pablo lights and the lighting above. Your couch is awesome! I'll have to show these to Matt, he'll get moist over them.

8:09 PM

 
Blogger Jim said...

John, I would have never thought of that combo either but I saw it at a club in NYC and liked it!

8:07 AM

 
Blogger Jim said...

Thanks for the invite DC MOM! You looked beautiful. And happy. Sorry I missed the Sunday party, duty called. I know Suzy did an awesome job on the preparations!

8:16 AM

 
Blogger Jim said...

Ryan, you take that back, lol :)

8:16 AM

 
Blogger Jim said...

Jason, glad you like. If you work Pablo lighting into your house, check out DesignPublic.com, they had great prices! (no tax or shipping charges too).

8:23 AM

 
Blogger suzy said...

Beautiful living room. It was great seeing you!

9:24 PM

 
Blogger Jim said...

Thanks Susan, it was good seeing you too! Hopefully Rio next year :)

11:23 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Me like, too.

8:18 AM

 
Blogger ~r. said...

looks like i can never come over with my kids. :)

vrey nice!

9:20 AM

 
Blogger Jim said...

Thanks Sangroncito!

12:08 AM

 
Blogger Jim said...

No Rachel, sorry, its totally kid free within 300 ft of the sofa :)

12:08 AM

 
Blogger steve'swhirlyworld said...

WOW...very white and clean. COOL.

9:21 PM

 
Blogger Jim said...

Thanks Steve!

6:48 AM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Jim, I came across your blog while trying to connect with ace (iamaceian). I just want to express my admiration how very talented you are. You cook, mix drinks, photograph, design, decorate, speak Hebrew, write, travel-- and I found out by reading your blog for a few minutes! I feel the warmth of your personality and the closeness you have with your family and friends through your unaffected and candid words. Your site is such a breath of fresh air in the midst of all the self-centered, angst-ridden online journals I usually come across with. Thank you for making my day! You are a wonderful, talented person. I wish you well...

Georgia from Los Angeles

3:32 PM

 
Blogger Jim said...

Georgia, thanks so much, I appreciate it!

9:46 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home