Food, drink, film and other random thoughts from The Lone Star State.

Sunday, September 16, 2007

May I present Mr. & Mrs. DC Mom

I have 3 mothers: the real one, the DC Mom and the Oklahoma Mom. Last weekend it was DC Mom's turn to walk down the aisle! So for those whining about how they will never find the right person and get married, she is proof you are whining for nothing.

I had not been to DC since I worked for "the company" so it was interesting to see it again. I have to say it hasnt changed much except the homeless problem has definitely become more widespread and it was not just contained to the sketchy areas.


Mr & Mrs DC Mom


Wedding - beautiful. Reception - intimidating. A friend of DC Mom decided to have the reception at her house. How nice of her. I thought her house was an embassy. Not just because it was on Embassy Row around the corner from the French Embassy, more because it was freaking huge and exquisite. I was afraid to touch anything. Or breathe.



I do, now when is my flight to Paris?


HEU Tara was my plus one for the wedding. We had never travelled before so this was a good interview to see how we would do on our week trip to Israel next month. We did well, too well, she is like me with boobs.

Anyway, HEU Tara was concerned about her dress showing the big dragoness tatoo on her shoulder and back. Fortunately it was a well-received, everyone asked about it and complemented her. She was even hit on by a retired federal judge. Does anyone else smell trophy wife or is it just me? :)



HEU Tara @ the reception


The day after the wedding HEU Tara and I walked the mall and dipped in and out museums. I had seen most of them when I lived in DC. The only one I didn't see, since it is relatively new, was the American Indian museum. Its interesting but the outside is better than the inside.



American Indian Museum



The one restaurant I will recommend if you are in DC is Il Mulino. You NYers already know about it, but now DC gets its turn. 5-star Italian and service that you want to take home in doggy bag. The only downside to Il Mulino is that you will need $100 a person.

Labels: ,

8 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

You would look so hot with boobies!
lol.

Nah, you do the muscle cub thing too well.

Great pics. How lucky are you- three moms!

Sounds like you had a unique wedding experience there. I usually want to leave 30 min. into the reception.

8:19 AM

 
Blogger john said...

Very cool that you had a great trip to D.C.
I wouldn't know what to do with boobies.

9:02 AM

 
Blogger suzy said...

Great pics! It was a fun time. Tara is a wonderful. Nice meeting her. I agree with you on the Native American Museum. The fact they put a Nathan Jackson totem pole in the freakin gift shop pretty much made me wonder if they had any clue on what they were doing.

7:11 PM

 
Blogger Jim said...

LOL, Jason please dont wish man-boobs on me :)

Usually I am bored with weddings and receptions too but this one was very different!

8:59 PM

 
Blogger Jim said...

You and me both, John :)

9:08 PM

 
Blogger Jim said...

Thanks Suzy! I'm glad you got to meet Tara too, she is a good friend.

9:15 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

homeless people in our nation's capital? What a shock!

4:43 PM

 
Blogger Jim said...

Not really Sangroncito, but it has become infinitely worse!

10:16 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home