Food, drink, film and other random thoughts from The Lone Star State.

Tuesday, August 05, 2008

Eddie



Today we get a snow day. Except theres no snow, just a big green comma hanging out over the city spitting out upwards of 10 inches of rain and some gusty 60MPH winds.

This isnt really a big deal, except the streets will flood, there will be tree branches all over the place and the power will go out.

Most people left work yesterday between noon and 3pm to "prepare". The building was completely empty by the time I headed home. This morning there are light sprinkles and no wind. I've yet to secure all the stuff on the patio because there won't be any weather drama until 9am.

Updates if anything interesting happens; just dont count on it.

UPDATE (330p) Oh my, there were leaves falling and I think my patio got wet! LOL. There is some serious street flooding, so I would have had alot of trouble getting around.

Labels:

6 Comments:

Blogger ryan charisma said...

batten down the hatches!

I want a snow day!

8:19 AM

 
Blogger Jim said...

Dont worry you will get your snow day soon, Ryan :)

9:32 AM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Stay safe. And dry!
DC MOM

10:00 AM

 
Blogger Jim said...

I will DCMOM! So far just some rain and a few gusts of wind, nothing noteworthy.

10:38 AM

 
Blogger suzy said...

Stay Dry. Hope Eddie turns into a bigger whimp than forecasted.

2:51 PM

 
Blogger Jim said...

It was basically just alot of rain in my part of town, Suzy. Some wind gusts but not even close to the 60 MPH they were predicting.

3:31 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home