Food, drink, film and other random thoughts from The Lone Star State.

Saturday, January 24, 2009

Tie Dye

Wasnt tie dye from the 60's? How come we all still like it and I still find it in high dollar clothes in department stores? I don't know, maybe there is a resurgence of fascination with the era and the sentiment it expressed.

Whatever the reason it manifested itself last weekend in the form of a tie dye party. One of my new friends, who conveniently lives around the corner, has an annual tie dye party, a close circle of 125 people all bring their white cotton items and spend the afternoon with pot luck, beer and a variety of dyes creating, well, art.

I had to duck in and out of the party to take care of work stuff but I managed to turn an old T-shirt and an older Banana Republic dress shirt into something else.

Groovy.



10 Comments:

Blogger suzy said...

Very groovy indeed

5:47 PM

 
Blogger Jim said...

Suzy, I think I'll impress the people of Spain with my Tie Dye :) lol

6:41 AM

 
Blogger ryan charisma said...

I like the colors of tie dye, but really - I don't wear those clothes. never did, probably never will. I mean how many productions of Godspell are going up right now?

9:10 AM

 
Blogger Jim said...

Ryan:

And I dont remember having ever worn tie dye either. But I too like the colors and patterns.

6:37 AM

 
Blogger john said...

I have always been fascinated by tie-dye. However, it doesn't look good on me. I can't pull it off.

6:45 PM

 
Blogger Jim said...

John, I porbably cant pull it off either but that wont stop me :) Actually I wore the T-shirt the other day and was stopped several times by people wanting to know where I got it. Strangely those people were all in their 20's or younger.

6:39 AM

 
Blogger Michael said...

Sounds like a fun party. Looks like a cool shirt.

4:00 AM

 
Blogger Jim said...

Michael,

It was. In fact, Ive already decided that next year Im doing some old white pillow cases :)

6:42 AM

 
Blogger WomanHonorThyself said...

lol..groovy dude!

9:59 PM

 
Blogger Jim said...

lol, yeah baby groovy!

10:20 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home